100% remote, digital, and paperless.
- It’s 2020. You should not have to worry about hand sanitizer, masks, or traffic to see your lawyer.
- Video conference with Dan from anywhere and at a time that is convenient for you.
- Communicate with Dan by email, text, or call. Use WhatsApp, Google Voice, or whatever other means of communication that works best for you.
- Take a picture or scan any documents you want to share and email/text them to Dan at any time.
- Google Drive and Documents integration means easy sharing of files, collaboration, and instant feedback.
- DocuSign allows for remote signatures on any document.
- Convenient online payment options and digital billing.
Up-front, straightforward pricing, with fixed cost service available.
- No surprise charges at the end of the month and no more arguing with your lawyer about your bill.
- We will quote you ahead of time for any legal services so that you know exactly how much the work will cost.
- Fixed cost services available to help you budget for your business.
- Pay your bills online, including through PayPal.
Access to an elite and high-tech attorney without the “old school” law firm inconveniences.
- Artaev at Law is a lean, streamlined operation. That means that when you work with us, Dan will be doing your legal work, and you are not paying for some fresh-out-of-law-school associate to get “experience” on your dime.
- By hiring Artaev at Law, you are hiring Dan to work directly for you – your own in-house counsel at a fraction of the cost.
- Dan is a top-of-his class, Law Review, elite lawyer who has been practicing since 2010 in the public and private sector.
- Check out Dan’s list of successes and distinctions below, or click on About Artaev at Law to learn more.
- Negotiated a six-figure settlement for a former employee who was owed back pay for work and services.
- Secured a $60,000 arbitration award against a large California grocery store chain who refused to pay for delivered materials, claiming the delivery was “defective.”
- Successfully settled a claim against a former customer with a line of credit who failed to pay any amounts owed after receiving goods worth over $50,000.
- Obtained a favorable money judgment against a former business partner who secretly diverted business to his new company while still working for his old partner.
- Defended a business owner who sold her consulting business from breach of sale agreement and non-compete provisions alleged by the buyer and new owner.
- Following extensive discovery, secured a settlement that allowed plaintiff employer to enforce non-compete and non-solicitation agreement provisions against former technician.
- Obtained dismissal of federal lawsuit against a veterinarian and his business that was based on claims of breach of contract and trade name misappropriation from another veterinary clinic.
- Negotiated a settlement and obtained dismissal of a complaint filed by the Michigan Attorney General against a counselor accused of improper contact with a patient.
- Successfully sued the Oakland County Health Department after it arbitrarily refused to issue a septic field permit to a homeowner, despite having issued one for the same site in the past.
- Secured a dismissal of an EEOC sexual harassment complaint against client’s real estate company.
- Negotiated a settlement on behalf of a nurse licensee with the State of Michigan that allowed her to keep her license following an order of suspension based on allegations that the nurse was diverting controlled substances.
Real Estate, Municipal, and Homeowners’ Association Cases:
- Obtained summary disposition against homeowner in violation of her deed restrictions at the circuit court level and secured affirmation of the decision from the Court of Appeals.
- Was an integral part of the municipal law team that represented communities in the Downriver Utility Wastewater Authority in its $50+ million purchase of the Downriver Wastewater Treatment Plant from Wayne County.
Presentations, Publications, and Distinctions:
- In 2019, presented to over 100 business owners at the Livonia Chamber of Commerce event on issues in commercial real estate impacted by Michigan’s legalization of recreational marijuana.
- In early 2020, presented a seminar to small business owners on the basics of company formation at Washtenaw Community College – an event hosted by the Michigan Small Business Development Council.
- Frequently interviewed for the Community Association Insider website, including on the following topics:
- Continued legal battles between homeowners and community associations over short-term rentals, as well as the scope of board authority;
- The importance of non-profit homeowners associations observing corporate formalities and timely filing annual renewal documents and fees;
- My victory for the the homeowners’ association in Fox Bay v Creswell, vindicating the association’s right to refuse a fence for service dogs, in light of reasonably available alternatives.
- Published an article in the fall 2018 Michigan Litigation Journal addressing the application of corporate indemnification clauses to plaintiff’s claims for indemnification.